5 or so things most people don't know about you - Page 2 - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Members Lounge > Budget Travel Community > General Discussions
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

General Discussions ANYTHING GOES HERE, BABY! Woot! Woot! Need I say more?!

BOOYAHKASHAA!

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 11-26-2004, 11:40 AM   #21
ChasinJason1313
TPunk Recognized

let's see if I can think of 5:

1) I went to college on a baseball scholarship. Baseball is my first love. I tore a ligament in my elbow pitching a few years ago that essentially ended my career. Now, because I tore that ligament, I continued working at this sporting goods store that I was originally only going to work at for the summer. That fall I met a girl who became my girlfriend. She studied abroad and I went to visit her, where the travel bug bit me. She also introduced me to my current boss which gave me the "in" I needed to become a bartender. That job ended up introducing me to my last girlfriend and allowed me to afford my 3 month trip to Europe last summer. That trip is the reason I started looking at travel websites and met all you folks. And it all never would have happened without the single most devastating event in my life occuring. Talk about making lemonade out of life's lemons huh?

2) I still remember my first phone number, last used when I was 6 years old, with 13 different homes in the interim.

3) I would absolutely loooooove to live in a latin country long enough to improve my Spanish from pretty good to fluent.

4) I love the feel of a woman and everything the word feel can entail

5) I have never in my life, until now, used this ^ on the keyboard

6) My lucky number's 13 because it's most people's unlucky number

The beauty of this world will last
Much longer than its men
No need for man to test this fact
Enjoy the view instead----Me(Part of a longer poem)
ChasinJason1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 12:15 PM   #22
my retro career
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by Bgirl@Nov 26 2004, 04:53 PM

4. I look my butt in the mirror more than my face.

Only you will say that, Mi !
(soory - but I still love ya )
Old 11-26-2004, 12:30 PM   #23
my retro career
TPunk Emeritus

The Top 5 worthless things you don't really need to know about My Retro Career........

1 - I brush my teeth using my left hand, although I am right handed. It's my retarded way of balancing myself, I guess...

2 - I despise cockaroaches. I *hate* the 1st album cover of papa roach.....

3 - I have never played the Ouija board, and probably never will. (I've heard some weird stories of some crazy aftermaths...)

4 - This is a fun thread, SV....

5 - I happen to believe somewhere, someplace, there is an exact lookalike of yourself on this world. Perhaps a twin, or perhaps even a doppelganger.....
Old 11-26-2004, 01:00 PM   #24
bellelass
I'll rock your socks off

Quote:
Originally posted by my retro career@Nov 26 2004, 02:30 PM
5 - I happen to believe somewhere, someplace, there is an exact lookalike of yourself on this world. Perhaps a twin, or perhaps even a doppelganger.....
I think so too... Or an uglier version.. Sometimes I notice people around campus who look like someone's ugly twin or something.. Its really bizarre. I guess the flip side of that is some people have prettier twins. hm.
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."
-T.E. Lawrence, Seven Pillars of Wisdom

bellelass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 01:13 PM   #25
beergal
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
1 - I brush my teeth using my left hand, although I am right handed. It's my retarded way of balancing myself, I guess...
i eat with the fork in my right hand which all british people think is crazee

Quote:

yeah yeah me 2
although im quite confused cos i thought a doppleganger was a word for a political party that mirrors itself on some other political party to get their votes....oh beergal is confused now

FANCY A READ...TPUNK BOOK CLUB CAN BE FOUND HERE

what goes around comes around
beergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 01:23 PM   #26
my retro career
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by beergal1@Nov 26 2004, 09:13 PM
i eat with the fork in my right hand which all british people think is crazee

yeah yeah me 2
although im quite confused cos i thought a doppleganger was a word for a political party that mirrors itself on some other political party to get their votes....oh beergal is confused now
- maybe you're an American (....haha j/k! )

- dunno...I saw a program on tele once, many moons ago, think it was called Hammer House of Horrors, and there was this episode about an evil twin and they called it a doppelganger....so that's where I got the name from...
Old 11-26-2004, 01:30 PM   #27
my retro career
TPunk Emeritus

The Sixth confession:

- I soak my cereal in milk until it's all mushy. Only then I dive into it...

Seventh:
- I drink cold coffee. Or at lukewarm temp. But seldom do I drink hot coffee.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:36 PM   #28
Sijuki
An Optimistic Realist.

Send a message via AIM to Sijuki Send a message via MSN to Sijuki Send a message via Yahoo to Sijuki

Quote:
Originally posted by my retro career+Nov 26 2004, 04:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(my retro career @ Nov 26 2004, 04:23 PM)</div>
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-beergal1
Quote:
@Nov 26 2004, 09:13 PM

- dunno...I saw a program on tele once, many moons ago, think it was called Hammer House of Horrors, and there was this episode about an evil twin and they called it a doppelganger....so that's where I got the name from... [/b]
A doppleganger is a creature that can take on the form of another creature with all its abilities. As far as I know a doppleganger would have the ability to change identities though. But I don't the exact real definition of a doppleganger, I can only go by my experience from Magic:tg. Which as amazing as it is to be able use the knowledge I learned from that in an attempt to explain something in reality.

2009-2014: February - Mexico (Cancun x 3, Cozumel x 1, Mazatlan x 2

2014 : Europe: Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Czech Rep, Germany, France, England

2015 : US:Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Joshua Tree NP, Salton Sea, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Mt. Rushmore. 20 states. Europe: Stockholm, Barcelona, Madrid, Prague, Krakow, Warsaw, Ireland (month driving around), Northern Ireland, Edinburgh.

2021: Europe?

Need a Railpass for that Trip to Europe?
Or Maybe a Hostel Reservation?
Frog Creek Brewing -- Upcoming Microbrewery

Sijuki@gmail.com
Sijuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 02:02 PM   #29
blinkchick2134
TPunk Emeritus

some facts about blinkchick2134:

1: I'm a very shy person when I first meet people because I'm afraid they think I'm ugly. And that I'm not smart or cool enough. I'm very insecure I suppose. Goes back to being the kid with braces/glasses in middle school.

2: My biggest fear is being burned to death. This house in my city burned down when I was little on Christmas Eve and some little girl died to something...I slept with the covers over my head for years because I thought they would protect me against a fire.

3: I'm very scared of needles. If someone says look a needle and then comes at me with their finger I'll flip out.

4: My parents got divorced when I was 11 and they had me go to a shrink even though I was handling the change fine.

5: I was in speech therapy for about 6 years. I still mispronouce some words, most people take it as an accent. remember the whole "quarter" thing in philly, most of it was the speech problem.

"If I had a kid I'd f**k it. Then kill it. Then f**k it again." Seattle 2006

blog of travels and such
flickr

Currently located in HAWAII

Been to: Alaska, Bahamas, Canada, Costa Rica, France, Germany, Hawaii, Spain, Switzerland - - also meetups in Chicago, LA, and Seattle
blinkchick2134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 02:38 PM   #30
my retro career
TPunk Emeritus

Wow Amber,

This looks more like a personal confession of your darkest secrets and fears.

And for that I truly applaud you in your faith to post them for all to see on TP.

You're a real trooper
Old 11-26-2004, 02:53 PM   #31
beergal
TPunk Emeritus

wow chick now that was some confession

although never believe your ugly again because your personality shines through

Old 11-26-2004, 06:08 PM   #32
Somnambulation
TPunk Emeritus

1. When I was little, very little mind you, I was afraid of cuckoo clocks or anything resembling them. Also queens, because of Alice in Wonderland

2. I have never used 'lol' to convey laughter over the internet.

3. No one has beaten me in chess for at least four years.

4. I have never beaten the original Super Mario Brothers.

5. I voted for Bush.
Somnambulation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 07:09 PM   #33
bellelass
I'll rock your socks off

I used to think that aliens were going to abduct me in the night, but I just knew that if I slept with my sister then they couldnt get me. I had a hard time sleeping alone until I was 12 or so... Even now, I like sleeping in a bed with another person..
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. This I did."
-T.E. Lawrence, Seven Pillars of Wisdom

bellelass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 11:46 PM   #34
Sijuki
An Optimistic Realist.

Send a message via AIM to Sijuki Send a message via MSN to Sijuki Send a message via Yahoo to Sijuki

Quote:
5. I voted for Bush.
Its amazing how many people I have found out actually voted for Bush. And I thought I was all alone on the boards.

2009-2014: February - Mexico (Cancun x 3, Cozumel x 1, Mazatlan x 2

2014 : Europe: Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Czech Rep, Germany, France, England

2015 : US:Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Joshua Tree NP, Salton Sea, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Mt. Rushmore. 20 states. Europe: Stockholm, Barcelona, Madrid, Prague, Krakow, Warsaw, Ireland (month driving around), Northern Ireland, Edinburgh.

2021: Europe?

Need a Railpass for that Trip to Europe?
Or Maybe a Hostel Reservation?
Frog Creek Brewing -- Upcoming Microbrewery

Sijuki@gmail.com
Sijuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 08:21 AM   #35
worldwidemike
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by blinkchick2134@Nov 26 2004, 10:02 PM
remember the whole "quarter" thing in philly, most of it was the speech problem.
Amber, I'm sorry...I know I brought the whole thing up because I l-o-v-e listening to accents, and analyzing them (then, eventually, learning how to speak like them). My apologies if I made you uncomfortable...

And, having met you in person, I can say with full confidence you have no worries when it comes people thinking you're ugly. It just ain't so...

worldwidemike (yes, I know I haven't posted my list...)
worldwidemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 09:41 AM   #36
beergal
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
I used to think that aliens were going to abduct me in the night, but I just knew that if I slept with my sister then they couldnt get me. I had a hard time sleeping alone until I was 12 or so... Even now, I like sleeping in a bed with another person..
yeah yeah belle its ok you dont have to make up excuses for sleeping in bed with another person lol those poor aliens!

I gotta add another one im a spiritualist i dont know if most people know that already or not but im scared about seeing a spirit! ha ha go figure

Old 11-27-2004, 10:24 AM   #37
RegentRat
Members

Send a message via MSN to RegentRat

Um, Hey.

Great topic, here goes...

1. I am diagnosed OCD. which sux cuz i get into cycles of tasks that take up all my time like organizing things over and over and over in different ways until they seem right to me.
2. Everyday i have the same pants crisis. and when i go to buy more pants i usually come home depressed and empty handed.
3. i squeegie punk under the Gardner Expressway and give the money to the homeless. which is probably pointless. i also feed crackheads on the weekends even if i have no money to eat myself out of this weird guilty obligating feeling.
4. i really really dislike pretentious hyppocrits especially ones that feel justified in doing so.
5. about every 8-12 months i subconsciously give possessions away
until all i have are my cloths and punk trinkets. then i get pissed off about it for no reason.
6. i secretly want to be one of those philanthropists that travel around whenever where ever and have been known to take off for long periods of time without telling anyone and leaching out on my responsibilities without caring.

Wow, thanx everyone, that was like therepy. Its comforting to know that some people here have the strangeness too! I think if there were a #7 mine would be that i'm obsessed with belonging here.

R.R.

"Today you good!" sifu wayland li
RegentRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 11:14 AM   #38
Magnifico
Members

1) Ditto what KingCrazyLegs (I think) said about water, I love being in it. I'm a swimmer, have been on the team at my school for three years, and it's the only "sport" I can do. I just feel bad about it, though, because I want to be a better swimmer, but I don't want to stop smoking.

2) Technically, I'm not afraid of heights, I'm afraid of falling. Even if I'm falling off a very low platform or something, it's very frightening. Doesn't help that I used to rollerblade when I was younger, and took a lot of spills (in fact, I got hit by cars twice)

3) I've got the worst case of wanderlust of anybody I know, but once I move on to college, I'm not gonna have a chance to travel (except, maybe, travel abroad) for a long time, and if I don't end up at a good college, I'll probably never get a chance to travel until I'm 30.

4) I'm the laziest, most procrastinating person I've ever known. I literally can't make myself care about school stuff sometimes, just because I keep reminding myself that in the long run it's absolutely meaningless, even if it's crucial in the short-term.

5) I'm a language freak. I'm in my fourth year of French, first year of German, and I've tried my hand at learning Mandarin, Japanese, Hebrew, Czech, Italian, Spanish, and Russian (though most of those attempts have been long-abandoned).

6) Deep down inside, I'm an anarchist. I want to trash a Hummer H2 so bad that I'm worried I might end up doing it. I'm not worried about how I'll be treating a fellow human being, I just don't want to get busted.
Old 11-27-2004, 09:02 PM   #39

MeredithAlberta
Members

Send a message via AIM to <br>MeredithAlberta Send a message via MSN to <br>MeredithAlberta Send a message via Yahoo to <br>MeredithAlberta

okay i was going to go to bed...then i spotted this thread and just couldn't rightly pass it up. oo oo my turn!

1. I was FAT in high school. my dad died summer after freshman year...got depressed ocd insomnia etc., got put on anti-depressants, got turned into a television zombie who went to food for comfort and gained over 100 lbs in 2 years. in the 2 1/2 years since high school i stopped caring how i looked...and then lost 70 lbs because i quit my meds and stopped being numb to thet world and realized that i love to hike and farm and run and split wood...i have left the world of cake and prime time TV

2. I don't brush my teeth often enough. I guess it grosses some people out but once every two days is really enough for me. And i've never had a cavity..and no one (to date) has complained of bad breath.

3. i was afraid of the dark until...well..about 4 years ago. i still get kind of freaked out if it's pitch black and i'm in an un-familiar place.

4. i'm not a very primping kind of girl. i don't do make up, bras, or brush mynhair (locks take care of that)...except that i CANNOT STAND un-plucked eye-brows. i take my tweezers wherever i go. go figure.

5. i am 20 and i've only had 1 boyfriend like four years ago. relationships seems like a trap to me and i don't like commitment at this time in my life. friends with benefits is the way to go. or just the benefits. whatever.

6. i can't do a cartwheel.

7. the first person i ever made out with was a girl. and i'm not a lesbian.

8. everything on the left side of my body is slightly larger than the right...hand, foot...eye...um...etc...

9. i LOVE vermont and believe it should join canada because the US is going to hell in a hand basket. (did you know VT is still 83% FOREST?! god how awesome is that!)

10. the biggest turn on for me is a guy's arms...the muscles and veins and stuff. *shrug* sexy sexy
Pausing, searching, receiving, contemplating,
Gently, but with undeniable will divesting myself of the holds that would hold me."
-Walt Whitman
<br>MeredithAlberta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2004, 01:33 AM   #40
space virgin
Yoda

Quote:
Originally posted by Magnifico@Nov 27 2004, 07:14 PM
2) Technically, I'm not afraid of heights, I'm afraid of falling.*
Dude! I know EXACTLY what you're saying! (except when it comes to falling off horses, I'm used to that now) haha-- I am that person who can climb *up* stuff like a monkey, but when it comes to getting back down... Sigh.

I have a couple more confessions:

-I abhor hunting, I don't like guns, and I have zero plans to own one, but I know how to use them-- shotgun, rifle, 6-shooter pistol and 9-milimeter handgun. I'm a pretty good shot, too, surprisingly. I guess I just believe that knowledge is power, or something.

-I know the words to Nessum Dorma, but I would not call myself an opera fan.

- I frequently hack at my own hair instead of getting it cut, and I usually don't give a shit which scissors I use-- half the time it's dull kitchen shears.

-Deep down, as cynical and sarcastic as I act and as grumpy as I can get, I truly don't understand people that are mean or conniving in their basic nature. Maybe that's naive of me, especially in this day and age, but almost always I tend to assume that other people are pretty much up-front and agenda-free, until I'm proven otherwise. Fortunately I don't usually let it bother me too much.