Coffee! - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Backpacker College Student Travel Message Boards > World Food/Drink
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

World Food/Drink It's Happy Hour! Cheap eats! Favorite restaurants and pubs! Stop by the Travel PUNK watering hole to post your tips or ask questions regarding anything food or drink related....

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 11-03-2004, 08:17 AM   #1
kingcrazylegs
***** gear guru

Send a message via ICQ to kingcrazylegs Send a message via AIM to kingcrazylegs Send a message via MSN to kingcrazylegs Send a message via Yahoo to kingcrazylegs
Wink

So you would think that being in Central America the coffee would be awesome here in Belize...NO Being a poor country you have to pay an arm and a leg for good coffee here. But, I have the hook-up from back home ( ) and get Starbuck's coffee Yesterday I got my office to but me a coffee pot, so this morning I brewed my first pot and got my fix

Any other coffee junkies? How far will you go to get your fix.

all that is not given is lost
kingcrazylegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:15 AM   #2
omisan
Minister of Offense

Send a message via AIM to omisan Send a message via Yahoo to omisan

I grind my own and keep a French press here at work... The drip stuff we have is miserable.

Find out @ http://omidabroad.blogspot.com

omisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 09:32 AM   #3
Bgirl
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via Yahoo to Bgirl

I'm a coffee addicted, but while in America I just couldn't find a real coffee... What you guys have is not coffee... i prefer to call it "tea coffee"... So weak. Maybe that's why americans drink almost half a liter of coffee at once... Here in Brazil if we drink this much of our coffee... We'll die... It's so strong and GUD!
Old 11-03-2004, 09:40 AM   #4
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

my dad buys premumium green beans from all over the world... he currently has 70 pounds of un-roasted coffee beans chillin around our house. Then he roasts em up and grinds em up and its the freshest best tasting coffee ever. Its also cheaper than buying the gross stuff at wal-mart.

Old 11-03-2004, 09:57 AM   #5
kingcrazylegs
***** gear guru

Send a message via ICQ to kingcrazylegs Send a message via AIM to kingcrazylegs Send a message via MSN to kingcrazylegs Send a message via Yahoo to kingcrazylegs

I knew there would be some Tpunk coffee adicts!

Quote:
I'm a coffee addicted, but while in America I just couldn't find a real coffee... What you guys have is not coffee... i prefer to call it "tea coffee"... So weak. Maybe that's why americans drink almost half a liter of coffee at once... Here in Brazil if we drink this much of our coffee... We'll die... It's so strong and GUD!*
LOL ~ death by coffee. I bet the coffee in Brazil is amazing! I got to try it some time!

Quote:
my dad buys premumium green beans from all over the world... he currently has 70 pounds of un-roasted coffee beans chillin around our house. Then he roasts em up and grinds em up and its the freshest best tasting coffee ever.
Dude thats sweet! Put me on your dad's christmas list!

Old 11-03-2004, 09:59 AM   #6
space virgin
Yoda

I'm not a coffee addict, but I do love chai and green tea. One of my duties when I worked for a particular horse trainer was to make her coffee every day, and she liked it poisonously strong. LOL It looked like oil or almost tar. Put me off coffee forever.
Old 11-03-2004, 10:05 AM   #7
kingcrazylegs
***** gear guru

Quote:
Originally posted by space virgin@Nov 3 2004, 12:59 PM
I'm not a coffee addict, but I do love chai and green tea.* * One of my duties when I worked for a particular horse trainer was to make her coffee every day, and she liked it poisonously strong.* LOL* It looked like oil or almost tar.* Put me off coffee forever.*
Yea, I grew up on British teas (my mom is British), and love a good chai when I am just chill'n

Old 11-03-2004, 10:45 AM   #8
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

actually brasilians pretty much drink straight espresso and call it coffee... Thats really about all brasilian coffee beans are good for... a base for espressos or fraps

ill let dad know to put you on the list kcl....
Old 11-03-2004, 10:45 AM   #9
RegentRat
Members

Send a message via MSN to RegentRat

Quote:
Originally posted by space virgin@Nov 3 2004, 01:59 PM
I'm not a coffee addict, but I do love chai and green tea.** **
Um,,,Hey,,,
Yes definately Chai,,,and quadroople shot espresso um tall...with a capuccino chaser...and then an irish coffee followed by a latte...Heh...addict here...um not that it matters really...um just forget i exist...

Wired but yours

RegentRat

"Today you good!" sifu wayland li
RegentRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:50 AM   #10
ScarlotteDorian
Backcountry Betty

Send a message via Yahoo to ScarlotteDorian

i'm surrounded by coffee constantly. 40 hours a week at my job and then everywhere else i go because almost all my friends work at starbucks or are addicts. i reek of coffee constantly. i'm coffeed out. that's it! i'm switching to beer in morning.

people travel to wonder at the height of the mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long course of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motion of the stars; and they pass by themselves without wondering. -St. Augustine
ScarlotteDorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2004, 10:56 AM   #11
space virgin
Yoda

Quote:
Originally posted by ScarlotteDorian@Nov 3 2004, 06:50 PM
that's it!* i'm switching to beer in morning.*
yeah! go all hardcore and pour it over your cereal. Breakfast of champions!
Old 11-03-2004, 11:02 AM   #12
kingcrazylegs
***** gear guru

Quote:
Originally posted by ScarlotteDorian@Nov 3 2004, 01:50 PM
i'm surrounded by coffee constantly.* 40 hours a week at my job and then everywhere else i go because almost all my friends work at starbucks or are addicts.* i reek of coffee constantly.* i'm coffeed out.* that's it!* i'm switching to beer in morning.*
Yea, you can fool me though, I know you still get your fix everyday! But switching to beer sounds interesting, though I am not so sure how much work I would get done!

Old 11-03-2004, 12:22 PM   #13
Bgirl
TPunk Recognized

Quote:
actually brasilians pretty much drink straight espresso and call it coffee... Thats really about all brasilian coffee beans are good for... a base for espressos or fraps

Sorry Jake, but maybe this is the only thing you didn't learn about us... We hate espressos!!!
Maybe you got confused cause we drink coffee plain and simple in 50 ml cups. That's what we call cafezinho "short coffee" and it happens cause coffee is served at the end of the meal and you won't find the item "a couple of cafezinhos" in your bill. So, if it's free it has to be only a little bit, got it? Anyway, this is really a national instituion and if a Brazilian sees you drinking coffee in a large american cup he/she will look at you as if you were a drug addicted!

Brazilians also drink coffee every morning most of the time mixed with milk. It's a very important part of our breakfast.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:43 PM   #14
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

no way that was normal coffee in those little cups... sam and i definitly decided that was espresso... like double shot... it wired us
Old 11-03-2004, 12:52 PM   #15
kingcrazylegs
***** gear guru

Quote:
Originally posted by Bgirl@Nov 3 2004, 03:22 PM
Sorry Jake, but maybe this is the only thing you didn't learn about us... We hate espressos!!!
Maybe you got confused cause we drink coffee plain and simple in 50 ml cups. That's what we call cafezinho "short coffee" and it happens cause coffee is served at the end of the meal and you won't find the item "a couple of cafezinhos" in your bill. So, if it's free it has to be only a little bit, got it? Anyway, this is really a national instituion and if a Brazilian sees you drinking coffee in a large american cup he/she will look at you as if you were a drug addicted!

Brazilians also drink coffee every morning most of the time mixed with milk. It's a very important part of our breakfast.
Alright, I'll settle this for you guys...Bgirl just send me some of that Brazilan coffee and I'll brew it up and be the judge!!

Quote:
ill let dad know to put you on the list kcl....*

Old 11-03-2004, 01:20 PM   #16
Bgirl
TPunk Recognized

HAHAHAHHA Ok Jake... That's why you think our coffee is espresso... you just know what is "tea coffe" ... Now I got it!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 01:26 PM   #17
Bgirl
TPunk Recognized

Hey kingcrazylegs... Pm me your address and I'll send you some coffee for sure!
Old 11-03-2004, 02:20 PM   #18
kingcrazylegs
***** gear guru

Old 11-04-2004, 06:42 AM   #19
beergal
TPunk Emeritus

although i like my coffee would have to be tea for me

Love green tea ever since i went to Hong Kong

In Hungary we have iced te esp mango flavour mmm

But you cant beat a cup of tetley with a scone cream and jam and cucumber sanwiches quintessentially British

FANCY A READ...TPUNK BOOK CLUB CAN BE FOUND HERE

what goes around comes around
beergal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 07:32 AM   #20
kingcrazylegs
***** gear guru

Quote:
Originally posted by beergal1@Nov 4 2004, 09:42 AM
But you cant beat a cup of tetley with a scone cream and jam and cucumber sanwiches quintessentially British
aaahh Tetley! Yeah with my mom being British I grew up on Tetley with scones and cucumber sanwiches and such. Good stuff!