The Secret - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Backpacker College Student Travel Message Boards > Anything Positive
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

Anything Positive Need a pick-up, or just want to be inspired? This forum is for you =) Keep this forum clean: post only your positive/motivational/inspirational quotes, poems, stories, adive, tips, etc...in here.

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2007, 01:44 AM   #25
Admin

Quote:
and im not much of a writer, especially on a topic i know little about, but have heard enough to form my ideas.
Well, that's a very telling line.

Again, your decisions are based on other peoples opinions and fancy 2 minute editing.
You can edit 2 minutes of the secret or any movie and tell hundreds of different stories.

I can personally attest to that as I have spent hundreds of hours editing. Actually, thinking about it, it's more like almost two thousand hours over a 2 yr period. You can create many different stories with the same footage depending on how you edit it.

And this John Treed guy that you pointed out is an author himself(a self publishing one at that- usually means no real publisher worth it's salt wanted to pick him up), unknown after all these years, and is pitching his own books with a site he created on microsoft frontpage.

He has shot down over half of the real estate gurus based mostly on personal issues and peoples email responses, and not his experience with the various gurus material itself- http://www.johntreed.com/Reedgururating.html

Why anyone would you choose to make him their authority is beyond me.

That's like me posting a warning on the front page of TravelPUNK.com for people NOT to got to Australia because, although I haven't been there, some people had a bad experience in Sydney, and it started as a penal colony "comprised mainly of convicts, marines and the wives of the marines."

Forget about how beautiful the country is and the great people there, it was where the British sent their convicts!

I don't need to go myself because I was able to form my own ideas from a few other peoples experiences?!

If you had Kiyosakis books, then you know that he isn't about "how" to invest in real estate, his focus is "why" you should. And it isn't so much about real estate as it is about investing smart to create passive income, which usually starts with real estate

One reason to create passive income for yourself is because many people are not happy with their jobsJob satisfaction declines.

Wouldn't you rather do what you love to do, volunteer more time to help the poor, and or spend more time with your family, rather than have the stress of working hard for 40-60hrs a week for someone else hoping for a raise every year, because you have to pay your bills each month?

I agree that genuine smiles are priceless, whether a little boy in Thailand or the cashier at Starbucks. If it's genuine and it's coming from the heart, it's always priceless.

But we aren't talking about kids. You cannot compare kids with adults who have rent or a mortgage to pay, or has to work 2-3 jobs to make ends meet, or, has a family and has to put food on the table and provide for their families.

Everyone on these boards are either on their own or at some point will be on their own and will have to start taking on major responsibilities that will require long hard hours of work to meet those responsibilities.

Unfortunately, we all need money to survive. It doesn't mean that we all need to get rich. We need to be smarter with the money we make and learn to manage it so that it works for us, SO we can ultimately do what we want to in life and help others.

I am HUGE on education and naturally tend to share anything and everything that I am aware of that has helped me grow for the better in every aspect of my life.

The Secret isn't about money.

It is about the "Law of attraction" which comes down to "everything is energy." If you are constantly putting out negative energy and thoughts, then you attract a lot of negativity in your lives. We all know people like that and there are some on these boards.

I have said it before, I have an aversion to negative energy. I choose not to be around it. That horse won't ride in these parts.

Conversely, it you constantly put out positive energy, your thoughts become feelings and your feelings become actions. You will attract positive people and results into your life.

By and large, this community "attracts" people with positive energy. That was no accident. That was "the Secret" at work, and as long as I own TravelPUNK, it will always be working. (Anyone want to buy it ? Just kidding... )

For crying out loud, is there anyone out there beside Lost in Texas and myself who has actually seen this video ?

I would love to hear from people who ACTUALLY WATCHED this video.

No worries, there are sure to be people who have watched it in the other forums I run...:eek:
travelpunk is offline   Reply With Quote