your last supper - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Backpacker College Student Travel Message Boards > World Food/Drink
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

World Food/Drink It's Happy Hour! Cheap eats! Favorite restaurants and pubs! Stop by the Travel PUNK watering hole to post your tips or ask questions regarding anything food or drink related....

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 10-20-2007, 10:41 AM   #1
pinknic38
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via AIM to pinknic38 Send a message via Yahoo to pinknic38 Send a message via Skype™ to pinknic38
Default your last supper

okay here's a hypothetical question. pushing aside all political feelings about the death pentalty and just look at the question, just for fun...

if you were on death row, what would you want for your last supper?

tpunk gallery * twitter
pinknic38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 10:45 AM   #2
pinknic38
TPunk Moderator

Send a message via AIM to pinknic38 Send a message via Yahoo to pinknic38 Send a message via Skype™ to pinknic38

forgot to answer my own question...

okay lets see...

I'd want a big portion of my mom's sauerkraut. and a burrito from chipotle (chicken & black beans & rice & cheese & hot salsa). and a huge piece of my grandma's shoo-fly pie (it's an amish/pennsylvanian dutch pie...it's made of molasses). and a case of miller lite in cans, ice cold. and a hot dog with mustard and extra onions from portillo's in chicago. and an italian beef with extra sweet peppers from johnny's in chicago. and an italian ice.

wow how random.

yum!

tpunk gallery * twitter
Old 10-20-2007, 10:54 AM   #3
Sijuki
An Optimistic Realist.

Send a message via AIM to Sijuki Send a message via MSN to Sijuki Send a message via Yahoo to Sijuki

I would want a Thanksgiving feast, Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Stuffing, Gravy, Jello, alright you can leave the rest out... and some gnocchi, and some canneloni, a 12pk of Guinness and a Delirium Nocturnum to boot.

2009-2014: February - Mexico (Cancun x 3, Cozumel x 1, Mazatlan x 2

2014 : Europe: Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Czech Rep, Germany, France, England

2015 : US:Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Joshua Tree NP, Salton Sea, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Mt. Rushmore. 20 states. Europe: Stockholm, Barcelona, Madrid, Prague, Krakow, Warsaw, Ireland (month driving around), Northern Ireland, Edinburgh.

2021: Europe?

Need a Railpass for that Trip to Europe?
Or Maybe a Hostel Reservation?
Frog Creek Brewing -- Upcoming Microbrewery

Sijuki@gmail.com
Sijuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 11:10 AM   #4
Maineartist
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Maineartist

I want some good ciabatta artisan bread with extra virgin olive oil, lo mein, egg roll, soup and a pina colada.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:45 AM   #5
expatben
lover of Germany

I would want some honey bbq ribs from friends in our kitchen in Guelph. I would need a hot dog from Toronto as well. Mashed potato and fries squash and some German Bratwurst and Nurburgerwurst-oh oh and some Domino's Pizza. And to drink I would want a 12 pack of Moosehead and a bottle of rum so that when the execution comes I will be so outta my skull off the wall drunk I would feel no pain.

Do to list: [color=blue][color=black] Australia, New Zealand, Austria India and Bolivia.

[color=blue][i][font=Verdana][color=black]"I'm just another stranger lookin' for the promised land"
expatben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 12:01 PM   #6
pinknic38
TPunk Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatben View Post
so that when the execution comes I will be so outta my skull off the wall drunk I would feel no pain.
that's what I'm talking about!!

tpunk gallery * twitter
Old 10-20-2007, 12:26 PM   #7
Legitikick
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via MSN to Legitikick Send a message via Skype™ to Legitikick

A wet burrito from Super Burrito in Reno, fish tacos from On The Border, grandma's taco salad smothered in French dressing, Thai red curry, and Thai mango sweet rice. Oh, and German spundekäse mit brezteln. And a keg of Newcastle. Damn, that's a lot of food.

. . . and maybe a bǔn from southern Vietnam
So Far: Peru, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Honduras, Guatemala, Belize, Dominican Republic, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, France, Spain, Germany, Poland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Italy, Switzerland, Austria, England, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Myanmar, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, India, Nepal, Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, Liberia, Sierra Leone, Morocco
Right Now: Grad schoolin' at the Columbia School of Int'l & Public Affairs
Next Up: The real world ... where one has to work, hopefully doing some sort of mediation/conflict resolution gig.

Last edited by Legitikick; 10-20-2007 at 12:30 PM.
Legitikick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 12:53 PM   #8
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

Good 'ol fashioned turkey dinner. Sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, salad, turkey, broccoli, and for dessert creme caramel & cheesecake. Would they make all that for me?

If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forward and people won't know if you're coming or going.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
-James Dean

Countries I've Visited: Austria, Botswana, Canada, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy. Malawi, Mexico, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, USA, UK, Vatican City, Zambia
simply_angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 12:55 PM   #9
pinknic38
TPunk Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_angelic View Post
Would they make all that for me?
from what I hear, they will give you anything you ask for since it's your last supper

tpunk gallery * twitter
Old 10-20-2007, 02:37 PM   #10
DC_Jessica
call me Condi!

I definitely agree with the chipotle burrito, but no meat, with a thai iced tea. Ummm, birthday cake (as sad as that would be at an execution) and a soft pretzel. Oh my goodness, and our entire Christmas Eve meal (it's seven different types of fish, which I don't really dig, but I love the event! and fried dough and torrone and jordan almonds! Mmm!). Maybe that just means I want my family there...

But I don't know if I want basil chili tofu instead of the burrito...hmm I hate deciding! They'd never be able to execute me, cause I'd keep changing my order.

Ahh... I don't want to die!!
"I set out alone, finding no companion to cheer the way with friendly intercourse, and no party of travellers with whom to associate myself. Swayed by an overmastering impulse within me, and a long-cherished desire to visit those glorious sanctuaries, I resolved to quit all my friends and tear myself away from my home."
---Ibn Battuta, CE 1325

Latest travel crushes - Arizona, Morocco, The Baltic States, Tunisia, Portugal, Mexico
DC_Jessica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 03:31 PM   #11
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

A brazilian barbeque. A good one like from Rodizio's in Denver. They just keep bringing out different kinds of meat and grilled fruits and veggies. One time I was there for 2 hours and had 22 different kinds of meat brought out. And each piece is heaven on a fork.
Old 10-20-2007, 03:58 PM   #12
LiveFreeorDie
TPunk Emeritus

20+ oz Prime rib, 2 inches thick, rare, with horseradish and yorshire pudding, sweet potato. A keg of a good IPA, like Dogfish Head or Sierra Nevada. For dessert, Tiramisu flown in from Italy along with some Ben & Jerry's Toffee Heath Bar Crunch ice cream for good measure. Finish it off with a bottle of Limoncello right out of the freezer.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

"The plural of anecdote is not data"
LiveFreeorDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 07:22 PM   #13
benna2
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to benna2 Send a message via MSN to benna2 Send a message via Yahoo to benna2

Gosh from the sounds of it (a keg and a bottle of booze!) Jamie doesn't want to feel any pain in the gas chamber!!!

Come visit me in the DR!
www.sosuavacationrentals.com
benna2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 08:29 PM   #14
aliz
Mod

Send a message via MSN to aliz

hmm i love food so i think to make the decision easier I'll say a christmas dinner - we usually have cold sliced turkey and ham w/ cranberry sauce, prawns, crabs, mussels, avocado and mango salad, potato salad, pasta salad, crispy noodle salad... and pavlova with strawberries, kiwifruit, banana and passionfruit on top for dessert. served with a delicious punch made from champagne, lemonade lots of fruit juice and mint leaves floating on top. mmmm i'm looking forward to christmas now!
Old 10-20-2007, 08:45 PM   #15
LiveFreeorDie
TPunk Emeritus

Quote:
Jamie doesn't want to feel any pain in the gas chamber!!!
I was picturing an electric chair so...uh..yeah I would prefer to be comatose!

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

"The plural of anecdote is not data"
LiveFreeorDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2007, 10:08 PM   #16
Sijuki
An Optimistic Realist.

Send a message via AIM to Sijuki Send a message via MSN to Sijuki Send a message via Yahoo to Sijuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_angelic View Post
Good 'ol fashioned turkey dinner. Sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, salad, turkey, broccoli, and for dessert creme caramel & cheesecake. Would they make all that for me?

How could I forget some cheesecake, and a canoli, and a banana split.

2009-2014: February - Mexico (Cancun x 3, Cozumel x 1, Mazatlan x 2

2014 : Europe: Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Czech Rep, Germany, France, England

2015 : US:Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Joshua Tree NP, Salton Sea, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Mt. Rushmore. 20 states. Europe: Stockholm, Barcelona, Madrid, Prague, Krakow, Warsaw, Ireland (month driving around), Northern Ireland, Edinburgh.

2021: Europe?

Need a Railpass for that Trip to Europe?
Or Maybe a Hostel Reservation?
Frog Creek Brewing -- Upcoming Microbrewery

Sijuki@gmail.com
Sijuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:10 AM   #17
Diorama
TPunk Emeritus

oh my gosh i love this question..

For a starter I would have camembert cheese and cracked pepper crackers. For an entree I would have garlic mashed potatoes (smothered in fresh pepper and butter), Steak Medium Rare with Goat Cheese on top Melted slightly and Pecans sprinkled over it. Corn on the Cob (very sweet, must be in season, lightly salted). For my third side dish I would have thanksgiving stuffing. For dessert I would have Pumpkin Pie with Fresh whipped Cream. For drinks I would have a midori illusion, glass of expensive red wine and a case of sleemans (I do want to be drunk!) Oh and one hoegaarden!

now i'm hungry after writing this!
I have been to: Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, New Zealand , Australia, Fiji, Costa Rica, United States, England, Ireland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Scotland , France, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Austria, Vatican, Guatemala, Belize, Honduras, Nicaragua, El Salvador, Panama, Colombia, Mexico, India, Nepal.

Where to Next? Iceland!
Diorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 04:19 AM   #18
lauren313
Tpunk Senior Moderators

I would want a whole bunch of Chinese food. Usually it plays havoc with my insides, so I very rarely have it. But I figure... I'm gonna die anyway, so I can handle a bit of a gut ache!

For pudding I'd have cheesecake of any variety, some of my mum's banana bread, and chocolate fudge cake.

Yeah, I'm a pudding person. I want to go out on a sugar high!
Old 10-21-2007, 11:40 AM   #19
c0urt
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to c0urt Send a message via MSN to c0urt Send a message via Yahoo to c0urt

you know, it wouldnt matter what i ate, it would just matter who i got to eat it with. but i did take a pic of the last meal i got to eat before i left for europe. that was my last home cooked meal for nearly a year. i think another meal like that. fried chicken mashed potatoes, baked apples. rice. et al.

the new and improved stupidhurts.org
c0urt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:49 PM   #20
noke_travel
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to noke_travel

good topic. so many options too. i can't think of one thing so i'm going to cheat and go seasonal.
if it was summer, a lobster roll and (several) hoegaardens. if it was wintertime, the most amazing steak frite from this bistro by my place and and bottle of red.

"I showed them...I'm still alive." Homer Simpson
noke_travel is offline   Reply With Quote