Alcohol - Page 2 - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Backpacker College Student Travel Message Boards > World Food/Drink
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

World Food/Drink It's Happy Hour! Cheap eats! Favorite restaurants and pubs! Stop by the Travel PUNK watering hole to post your tips or ask questions regarding anything food or drink related....

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 09-30-2003, 08:01 AM   #21
llemus7
TPunk Emeritus

Damn just by reading these post makes me want to go to happy hour!

As for me on what I drink before I go out, I like to drink Kettle One with Hawaiin punch. it taste really good. once i get to a club if its going to be a night where i have to be up all night I go with the redbull and kettle one. If its going to be a quick night and I need to get really tossed then I will go with chivas reagal on the rocks. And If I just want to drink tequila I go with don julio, or patron, both of these are very smooth and tasty.
Old 10-03-2003, 05:36 AM   #22
travelpunk
Admin

chivas regal...I'll have to try that too :

When I'm clubbin and gettin my grove on to house an techno, definitely Red Bull and Vodka or, Beefeater and lemon juice (in Madrid anyways).
travelpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 09:05 PM   #23
TUI
Members

Send a message via MSN to TUI Send a message via Yahoo to TUI

redbull and vodka in London on average was costing about 8 bucks usd, and that was a single then again anywhere outside of a hostel or hidden pub required an arm and a leg to get a buzz. Be careful when drinking in London, the funds can whither with a quickness.

out
Old 10-03-2003, 09:13 PM   #24
Paulo
Members

Send a message via Yahoo to Paulo

That is why one need to get pre-saturated before hitting the streets.
Paulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2003, 09:19 PM   #25
TUI
Members

pre-saturation strongly recommended :D
Old 10-24-2003, 03:32 PM   #26
kyle j
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to kyle j

Dr Pepper has to be the best drink to mix with it goes decently with all liquor my favorite is Dr P with Tequila but its nice with capt morgan too. If im broke and drinking beer Id have to say natural ice is the way to go, its not much on flavor but it gives a good quick buzz.

http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v70/kylej/

http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/WildBillJackson/
kyle j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 04:09 PM   #27
travelpunk
Admin

Pre-funk, we call that Paulo. Awww yeah....

Kyle, you mean an actual can of DR Pepper mixed with tequila, because there is a drink called Dr Pepper that is beer mixed with a shot in it(this drink plus a shot of tequila?)?
travelpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 04:25 PM   #28
kyle j
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to kyle j

Ha never heard of the alcoholic drink Dr Pepper i meant the soda ,we mix it with everything around where im from but i like it best with tequila

http://img23.photobucket.com/albums/v70/kylej/

http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/WildBillJackson/
kyle j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 09:16 PM   #29
katdawg
Members

Tuaca sour!! not sure what's in it, but this cutie ordered it for me in vegas...and oh what a fun night...
o, sorry, um, what else, (sapphire) gin and tonic with a splash of lime juice, sangria, corona, asahi, cold sake...
and if i have to do shots: raspberry kamikazes and jager bombs (jagermeister and redbull)

jeeze i feel drunk already!
Until I found youuuuu

I was beat. Incomplete
I'd been had, I was sad and blue
But you made me feel
Yeah, you maaaade me feel
Shiny and neeeeew
katdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 02:36 PM   #30
Sijuki
An Optimistic Realist.

Send a message via AIM to Sijuki Send a message via MSN to Sijuki Send a message via Yahoo to Sijuki

Alright PARTY Time,
Although I don't spend too much of my life sharing time with the bottle I have my true favorites.

Beer: Not much of a beer drinker, so I don't go cheap. I like Guiness, Sam Adams Cherry Wheat (Tap only), Killian's Red, a few others that I only remember when I had a few.

Liquor: Shotwise, Tequila (Don Eduardo, Cuervo 1800), Vodka, Jagermeister (as cold as possible), Galliano <sp?>

Drinks: Jagerbomb, Absolute Lemonade, Long Island, Violent Fuck, others that have no name.

By the way, are you allowed to send liquor home from europe? Cause I sure would like to get my friends some exotic liquor for them to remember me by.

Alright, that's all.

Just an observation, this place seems to be filled with drinking and sex :P What a bunch of unruly people

-- Rob (Sijuki)

2009-2014: February - Mexico (Cancun x 3, Cozumel x 1, Mazatlan x 2

2014 : Europe: Norway, Denmark, Hungary, Czech Rep, Germany, France, England

2015 : US:Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Joshua Tree NP, Salton Sea, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Mt. Rushmore. 20 states. Europe: Stockholm, Barcelona, Madrid, Prague, Krakow, Warsaw, Ireland (month driving around), Northern Ireland, Edinburgh.

2021: Europe?

Need a Railpass for that Trip to Europe?
Or Maybe a Hostel Reservation?
Frog Creek Brewing -- Upcoming Microbrewery

Sijuki@gmail.com
Sijuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 03:45 PM   #31
ßeta

Beer: Old Speckled Hen, Fullers ESB are my faves.

Liquor: Gin (Bombay Sapphire), Jameson

Shots: Mezcal

This is the ideal list. Depending on the budget, I'll drink just about anything.
Old 11-13-2003, 01:08 AM   #32
TheWills
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to TheWills

Hey all
First off Corona is simply one of the worst beers, that stuff is bad. I like Pilsner (you get that in the US) Also Labbatt genuine is a good one. Must be diffrent in the US you guys have some weaker beer eh. Im sorry I have to bust it out everyones herd it but I just have too
Q. What does american beer and havin sex in a canoe have in common ? A. Its fuckin close to water
mwahahhahahaha
For hard stuff Vodka is really bad, I had a thing with that 6 years ago and Im done, whiskey in a dirty glass thats the way too go, wow you can tell im from northern Canada eh. Capitan morgans spiced rum is super as well, and mix that all with a little coke Im a happy man. But when its just for sittng back nothing like a Pina Colda ohhhhhh yeah
Hey has anyone ever had a Mai Thai 2, had one in a bar in Dresden a few years ago, cost 8 bucks came in like a half leter glass, and one glass got me finished I was impressed, tastes like the dogs arse but wow I was so rocked, then I went out and hit a few more bars and I woke up the next day in my friends house with soeone elses shirt on hehe sweet night
Noobs
TheWills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 01:17 AM   #33
TUI
Members

I just finished off a Blue Moon, damn good beer I might add
Old 11-13-2003, 01:49 AM   #34
cliffo
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via ICQ to cliffo Send a message via Yahoo to cliffo

newbie..gotta agree with you re US beer hehehe... Aussie beer is the best (hey i'm biased i know)... just finished off a Tooheys Extra Dry - now thats what i'm talking about

Having said that i don't mind a Labbatt Blue from time to time but they cost a bit here. Guess if ya gotta drink a US beer, Millers isn't too bad
cliffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 03:05 AM   #35
Columbia
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via MSN to Columbia

OOOO Really sombody answer Sijuki's qustion about sending alcohol across borders I gotta know!
"Q. What does american beer and havin sex in a canoe have in common ? A. Its fuckin close to water"
Nice np, Nice.
OKAY Drink-a-drink-a-drink to Lily the Pink-a-pink-a-pink!
Savoir of....the human race! For she invented...medicinal comound...most efficacious...in every case! WOO HOO!
OKAY. depends on the scene buuuut...
quick drunk:Vodka in pepsi (I HATE Dr.Pepper) or whatever coke, 7-up (thats pretty nasty though), don't matter. How simple.
Something less 'intense': pear cider, mikes hard lemonade, Smirnoff, ladeeda.
Fancied up drinks: Mai Tai. Chi Chi/Pina Colada. Tequila Sunrise. Coconut Frappe (malibu coconut rum, baileys, milk, ice). and I can't think of anymore.
I don't like beer beer is nasty all around. I'm a vodka girl. And rum....unless its in food. Alcohol in food is wrong...cept jello..
Well that was fun. Slainte!
Columbia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 09:28 AM   #36
Sijuki
An Optimistic Realist.

Send a message via AIM to Sijuki Send a message via MSN to Sijuki Send a message via Yahoo to Sijuki

Well I will agree with the "American beer sucks" for the most part. But we do have our micro brews and such that do put out some nice beers. Here in detroit we have one that serves up a few good dark beers. mmmm... the darker the better.

Have any of you had a beer called Sami-Klaus? I think its from Germany. They bottle it one day a year on like December 10, and then ship it later. It finishes fermenting in the bottle. It's a very high proof beer. It's pretty good.

I forgot about good ol, Long Island Iced Teas.

2015 : US:Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Joshua Tree NP, Salton Sea, Grand Canyon, Petrified Forest, Mt. Rushmore. 20 states. Europe: Stockholm, Barcelona, Madrid, Prague, Krakow, Warsaw, Ireland (month driving around), Northern Ireland, Edinburgh.

Sijuki@gmail.com
Old 11-13-2003, 10:08 AM   #37
AdamTheCultured
TPunk Recognized

BEST BEER I HAVE EVER HAD....was at the Heinekein Brewery in Amsterdam!!! SO FRESH.........SO GOOD!!!!!!!

I have always taken pride in making some good tasting drinks......My bests have been.....
Chocolate Milkshake: Creme de Cacoa (light and dark), Kahlua, Chocolate Ice Cream, Chocolate milk, ice, and chocolate syrup.....got me fucked up....
Ginger Ale shooter: Tall shot glass...1 ice cube...1/2 Capt Mos Silver rum....1/2 ginger ale....top it off with a splash of grenadine and OJ......(i have gotten SO many girls drunk off that shit)...but dont worry.,...i never take advantage of em...thats just wrong.....
AdamTheCultured is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 11:32 PM   #38
Sijuki
An Optimistic Realist.

Ok, it took me long enough to find this thread, now lets see if I can remember the name of the beer.

It goes something like... Sinebrykhofe. hmmm... close but not quite... anyways it's a finnish beer, the oldest brewery in finland. It is a nice dark beer with a slight chocholate taste. Very tasty.

I had a czeck beer too.. but I don't remember the name, it starts with an S... as I am sure some of you have had it. It seemed good too. Although I would prefer to buy it there since it was $3 a bottle here. ack! Oh well I am going back next week when I get paid to test out more international beers, I must study in time for my trip :D

and of course Guinness still rocks.

Mead is good... tastes like honey.

French Kamikazie's are so juice tasting you could keep drinking them and not know you were drinking alcohol... well tell you got the buzz. mmmmm.... yes.

Damn... there was another one... I will have to remember in the morn. Goodnight y'all.

Sijuki@gmail.com
Old 11-18-2003, 01:37 AM   #39
Mocassin
TPunk Emeritus

In Greece I had a shooter called an Orgasm...Funny coz you had to ask the barman: 'An orgasm please...' We paid the barman one as well (My friend does that all the time: spot a nice barman, pay him a few drinks...Then you get many privileges in the bar and the barman will pay you give you a few drinks for free...heheh ). Anyways, the barman said something like: Ok, ladies, will you have it in the backstore?!?!? Then looked at me and said: I bet you want all 3 of them. Hahah! Ok, just that I thought maybe Adam you could find a few original names for your nice drinks. And, I'll have one of those ginger ale things please!

A barmaid at my brother's bar always makes this drink for me, it's called a Coco-cognac: In a tall glass, a bit of Tia Maria and as much Cognac, then fill the glass with milk and ice, add a cherry or two and also a straw....Tastes good and gets you drunk before you know it!
Old 11-18-2003, 08:58 AM   #40
Sijuki
An Optimistic Realist.

On top of the Orgasm, there is a drink called a Screaming Orgasm, and also as I stated before a Violent Fuck. :D

Sijuki@gmail.com