Who Smokes and how old are you? - Page 3 - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Backpacker College Student Travel Message Boards > Polls
Register All Albums FAQDonate Community Calendar

Polls Which country has the most...
Curious on the mindset of the TPunk community? Start a poll!

View Poll Results: "Reefers"
Age under 15 -- I Smoke 1 0.99%
Age Under 15 -- I don't smoke 0 0%
15-18 -- I Smoke 4 3.96%
15-18 -- I don't smoke 9 8.91%
19-22 -- I Smoke 20 19.80%
19-22 -- I don't smoke 16 15.84%
23-26 -- I Smoke 16 15.84%
23-26 -- I don't smoke 16 15.84%
26 and older -- I Smoke 7 6.93%
26 and older -- I don't smoke 12 11.88%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 11-21-2006, 09:04 PM   #41
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

drunk? How old are you again chica?
Old 11-21-2006, 10:28 PM   #42
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

oh jake, get over it...she's been drunk, she's posted drunk....that's life

If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forward and people won't know if you're coming or going.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
-James Dean

Countries I've Visited: Austria, Botswana, Canada, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy. Malawi, Mexico, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, USA, UK, Vatican City, Zambia
simply_angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:42 AM   #43
marc873
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Definately don't smoke for the first time if you are drunk. And if you do wait for a comfortable situation, you will enjoy it much more. If you are drunk, look out, spinning, and out you go. Be careful, but have fun!
Old 11-22-2006, 06:02 AM   #44
MeTurk
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via Skype™ to MeTurk

Quote:
i dont like to sit around like a vegtable when im stoned though, i normally sit down and watch a documentry[/b]
Bein stoned watching documentaries is about the best thing in the world as long as there good there's nothing worse than an ill informed half arsed documentary. The Attenborough's do really good nature ones for the BBC, watch them all!
Old 11-22-2006, 09:11 AM   #45
jaboba46
Members

i said no because now i don't..... but when i was younger.... i could blaze with the best. damn drug tests for work....... fuckers.... if i didn't have drug testing at work i may still....
For the world's more full
of weeping then you
can understand
jaboba46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:51 AM   #46
noke_travel
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to noke_travel

michael palin's himilaya and sahara documentries are great when baked

and as much as i can't stand him, jamie oliver's italian escape isn't half bad after smoking a bit

"I showed them...I'm still alive." Homer Simpson
noke_travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 07:13 PM   #47
expatben
lover of Germany

I have never smoked a reefer. I have nothing against those who do or against pot itself but its not for me.

Do to list: [color=blue][color=black] Australia, New Zealand, Austria India and Bolivia.

[color=blue][i][font=Verdana][color=black]"I'm just another stranger lookin' for the promised land"
expatben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2006, 12:01 PM   #48
TheJake
To Smart For Mensa

Send a message via AIM to TheJake Send a message via MSN to TheJake Send a message via Yahoo to TheJake Send a message via Skype™ to TheJake

the all time greatest show to watch when your blazed is the Big Lebowski.

hands down. cause like the dude abides man, ya know?
Old 11-26-2006, 08:36 AM   #49
Dig
TPunk Moderator

I'm 30 and a lifer! Been smoking since I was 21. Hash is my favorite, but only comes around once in a blue moon. (note to self, find out when the next blue moon is) Ethanol, THC, psilicibin, caffeine are the only substances that I would consider. Basically if it is organic.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:14 AM   #50
glitterhairdye

Send a message via AIM to glitterhairdye

I started smoking when I was 13 and I did a lot up until this summer when I was in A'dam. I smoked a shit ton there. So from 13-17 I was pretty regular stoner. I've only smoked twice since Amsterdam and I've decided to quit.
I've also tried cocaine, pcp, and every pill imaginable. But drinking is my favorite...
"I set out alone, finding no companion to cheer the way with friendly intercourse, and no party of travellers with whom to associate myself. Swayed by an overmastering impulse within me, and a long-cherished desire to visit those glorious sanctuaries, I resolved to quit all my friends and tear myself away from my home."
---Ibn Battuta, CE 1325
glitterhairdye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:52 PM   #51
simply_angelic
The " ... " queen of TP!

I dont smoke and have never felt the urge. The thought of inhaling smoke revolts me...

If you walk backwards, you'll find out that you can go forward and people won't know if you're coming or going.

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today.
-James Dean

Countries I've Visited: Austria, Botswana, Canada, Costa Rica, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Italy. Malawi, Mexico, Portugal, Rwanda, South Africa, Spain, Taiwan, Tanzania, Uganda, USA, UK, Vatican City, Zambia
simply_angelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:09 AM   #52
BigE
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to BigE Send a message via Yahoo to BigE

I don't smoke weed but I did a few times in high school and shortly after. Been a long time.

"An oppressive government is more to be feared than a tiger, or a beer."
-Confucius

Somewhere in England (maybe) - Spring (TBA)
Israel - Summer (TBA)
BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:24 AM   #53
Kjeldahl

Send a message via ICQ to Kjeldahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeTurk View Post
Bein stoned watching documentaries is about the best thing in the world as long as there good there's nothing worse than an ill informed half arsed documentary. The Attenborough's do really good nature ones for the BBC, watch them all!
Agree!

I once watched a BBC documentary about bipolar disorder, it wasn't so good an idea. But watching BBC documentaries about sealife deep down in the ocean, absolutely fantastic.
Old 02-06-2007, 03:43 AM   #54
florencia9699
TPunk Emeritus

I never even tried it, and i'm 22.
Been to: Argentina, Chile, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine, Jordan, Egypt. Greece, Turkey, England, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Belgium, USA, Mexico, Spain, Monaco, Czech Republic, Ireland and Uruguay.

Next trip: Still pondering the possibilities for January 2009... * OH THE MYSTERY!! *

The travel bug is insatiable
florencia9699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 05:50 AM   #55
BelfastFlyer
celebrating jacks b-day!

dont smoke and have never tried it. I kind of feel sorry for people who do cos it looks like a bastard to beat!
BelfastFlyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 06:17 AM   #56
Joker
You want fries with that?

Holy Resurrected Old Topic, Batman!

My line of work is conducive to substance abuse. Not that its an excuse, but nearly any and all substances you want are around, its pretty easy to seek. If I gave my short list, it includes most stuff out there except smack and crank. But my regular is herb. Always has been. I stick with the naturally-occurring stuff.

Don't do drugs kids. :D

"Steve is the prototypical cool American male. Y'know, I'm talking about Steve McGarrett, alright? Steve Austin, Steve McQueen. Y'know, he's the guy on his horse, the guy alone. He has his own code of honor, his own code of ethics, his own rules of living, man. He never, ever tries to impress the women but he always gets the girl."

Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 07:30 AM   #57
SuDz
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to SuDz

I treat my cannabis hobby the same as people who have a hobby or intrest in beer.

We both like different types, with beer that is lights and darks, with me it is Sativa's and Indica's.

Within those categories you have many variations with beer as far as taste. flavor etc and experiment with lots of them. I have an intrest and experiment with different strains like right now it is Skunk 1 and Top 44.

They get into homebrewing where they can tweak and be involved in the whole process from ingredients to bottling. I enjoy homegrown, where I can do the same following from seed to harvest providing and experimenting with nutrients and lighting.

Both enjoy these findings and there results with friends who have the same intrest. Now this is different than most think because the beer connaisseur is not usually looking to get fall down drunk from it all the time. He is more savoring it and really looking for totally different things that the guy who just wants to chug Bud Lights into oblivion. I am the same with not always smoking just to get ripped retarded. I share it with friends who let me know what they think or have comparisons to other types etc. It is much more of a social club.

Both are science and time and care to get a better final product than you would have if you just bought something randomly. You know the quality that went into it and you appreciate it more.

Beer guys will read magazines like BYO (Brew your own) while I read High Times and Skunk.

One just gets a much worse stigma.

SuDZ
Rozza > yeah
Rozza > that should be your sig
SuDz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 12:49 PM   #58
noke_travel
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to noke_travel

good point sudz.

"I showed them...I'm still alive." Homer Simpson
noke_travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:29 PM   #59
SuDz
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to SuDz

Quote:
Originally Posted by noke_travel View Post
good point sudz.

SuDZ
Rozza > yeah
Rozza > that should be your sig
SuDz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:51 PM   #60
juliagulia
Tpunk Senior Moderators

Send a message via AIM to juliagulia Send a message via MSN to juliagulia

My PreCalc teacher officially thinks I'm a stoner, because I was arguing that it should be legalized.

He kept saying it was illegal, therefore wrong and blah blah blah and I'm like, Is it more of a legal issue or a moral issue for you? And he kind of just stopped and said, "I never imagined you as someone who would light up."

I started laughing and nagging on him about how he's a smoker (tobacco) and enjoys his drinks, but thinks pot is repulsive because of its illegal status. I think I proved a point, and might have found a convertee...

I realized a couple of months ago just how many people in the real world smoke. I mean, I thought it was just a teenager, rite of passage type thing. But then I discovered that my manager and the bartender at my work light up before opening (might explain why he's hitting on a 16 year old...), my Spanish teacher sneaks off to the woods during lunch breaks, nearly all of my sister's boyfriend's friends...

It was just... shocking I guess. Haha.

Living In: Belfast, Northern Ireland

Next up!

Poland (February!)
juliagulia is offline   Reply With Quote