Who Smokes and how old are you? - TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards!

Go Back   TravelPUNK Backpacker College Student Budget Travel Message Boards! > Backpacker College Student Travel Message Boards > Polls

Polls Which country has the most...
Curious on the mindset of the TPunk community? Start a poll!

View Poll Results: "Reefers"
Age under 15 -- I Smoke 1 0.99%
Age Under 15 -- I don't smoke 0 0%
15-18 -- I Smoke 4 3.96%
15-18 -- I don't smoke 9 8.91%
19-22 -- I Smoke 20 19.80%
19-22 -- I don't smoke 16 15.84%
23-26 -- I Smoke 16 15.84%
23-26 -- I don't smoke 16 15.84%
26 and older -- I Smoke 7 6.93%
26 and older -- I don't smoke 12 11.88%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Raileurope.com: See Europe by train

Old 04-26-2005, 04:04 PM   #1
agriadam
TP Ghost

Send a message via AIM to agriadam

Okay here goes I am just curious to see whom all smokes weed on this site you can vote anonymously if you wish. But it also seems that the younger crowd smokes a lot more than the older crowd. I would like to see if this is true

I will define Smoking for this poll as smoking at least one per month on average. Yes I know some of you will complain that it is too 50/50 but THAT IS THE POINT.

Okay so The age groups are kind of first one younger than High School, the second one is high school, the third one is college age, the fourth is.... well for most of us still college age but the later college years, and the last is the rest (and the best )

Please do not complain about the scientific merit of this poll because it is very unscientific and I am working with what I have

“Life is too short to spend it doing something you don't like... if your passion is selling surfboards by the sea, then that is where you should be.”
-My Dad

"Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of France, Mexico and the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonalds? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria's mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head? I know what I want. I want it all. I want to try everything once."
-Anthony Bourdain

“If you can imagine a man having a vasectomy without anesthetic to the sound of frantic sitar-playing, you will have some idea what popular Turkish music is like.”
-Bill Bryson

"The older I get the less likely I feel I will ever figure my life out... I think that might be okay though"
-Me
agriadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:20 PM   #2
Layla
Members

Send a message via AIM to Layla

I'm 19... and yes. Not as often anymore though. When I was 16 or so I smoked up nearly every day. It doesn't have the same effect on me for some reason.

Another question, if anyone cares to answer... have you done other illegal drugs? if so, what.

oh and p.s. Hugs not drugs!

Layla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:27 PM   #3
SN4p
Members

Send a message via AIM to SN4p

I have in the past, but it is not something I make a point of doing.. The times I have done it I was at various parties, and it just happened to be there.

I found something else called salvia, its a hallucinogen with weedlike high afterwards, and its legal, and it doesn't show up on drug tests, and this is a run on sentence. I have yet to try it but its on my list of random shit to do before I die. :greenguy:
Old 04-26-2005, 06:39 PM   #4
Arthur
Members

Salvia is crazy stuff. it causes intesnce throbing of the head, and causes time to just about stop. to the point, that you cant tell if your your heart is still beating. it also is much more dammageing to the brain than pot. but its legel. and it does not come on up drug test directly but however it causes false positives.

Myspace Xanga Facebook
Arthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 06:48 PM   #5
Arthur
Members

my favorit site is www.erowid.com
check it out.
it has a bouch of usefull information.
and of course pot is known as cannabis

Myspace Xanga Facebook
Old 04-26-2005, 06:54 PM   #6
LostFarmboy
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via MSN to LostFarmboy

smoked weed for a bit when i was 14, my cousin sold me an ounce for $50!! But now i hate the stuff. A lot of my good friends are stoners, so i have no problem with other people smoking it, i just don't touch the stuff myself. A few of my friends are pretty into their drugs, in particular extacy, speed, and cocaine, but it's not really my thing so i've never gotten into it. The only drug other than weed that i've tried is extacy, it was ok, but it was just a one off thing to try it out and see what everyone was going on about. The only other thing i'm gonna have a go at is chewing coca leaves while i'm in south america, that's about as hard core as i get when it comes to drugs, i'm happy with just a bottle of southern comfort.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:46 AM   #7
MeTurk
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via Skype™ to MeTurk

I smoke hash. Weed comes around every so often but it costs €260 an oz but it's really good compressed stuff.

I've done nearly all the drugs at this stage but i don't seem to have had the same reaction as every body else I never lose controll and am always preaty aware of whats going on around me. I'm not touching yolks again though, no more class A's for a while now.

I not a big fan of alcohol, I think it's one of the worst drugs.
Old 04-27-2005, 01:27 PM   #8
Canadian Bacon
Artist of Life

I still smoke. It's been pretty regular..although I have eased off since my peak in the 2nd year of university
Jules: "You know, like Kane in 'Kung Fu'...go places...meet people...get in adventures."

Trips (only counting recreational travel):
FIRST TRIP (2005): FIRST EUROTRIP EVER! UK, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Holland
SECOND TRIP (2007): First Solo Trip! Greece, Turkey, Syria, Spain
2008: China (Beijing, Shanghai, Yangshuo) ...right before the Olympics!
2009: Japan & HK, Southern Spain
[size=1]2010: All over Lebanon, Ibiza (Spain), Oktoberfest (Germany), Thailand.
2011: India (Goa), Jordan, Jerusalem, San Sebastian (Spain), Amsterdam (again), London, Driving from Vancouver to L.A. (stopping in Portland, Seattle, San Fran and all the little stops), Montpellier (France), Geneva and Lausanne (Switzerland)

"Bite off more than you can chew, then chew it."
Canadian Bacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:43 PM   #9
Rozza
***** Senior *********

Location: WANTED! dead or at a meet-up ..... reward first round on Me
Send a message via Yahoo to Rozza

how come the cut off point is always 25 - 29 in these polls that ask age?

Past Trip Albums:
Norway '05 Album

"'Kings. What a good idea.'Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tenedency to bend at the knees."
- Terry Prachett
Rozza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 01:44 PM   #10
Ace_

i smoke weed quite a bit, pretty much everynight.
i havent done A class drugs in quite a while, last time was new years, but ive tried speed, p (or as the americans call it, crystal meth) acid and ecstasy and magic mushrooms, BZP (but thats kinda legal) and GHB.
Im not a heavy drug user at all (weed doesnt count) i only use on special occasions...i.e. my 21st birthday this weekend im getting some speed, should be a good night
Old 04-27-2005, 01:50 PM   #11
space virgin
Yoda

Quote:
Originally posted by Ace_@Apr 27 2005, 08:43 PM
BZP (but thats kinda legal)
Last I heard all the drugs on your list were illegal, man. Maybe they've affected you more than you think.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:33 PM   #12
agriadam
TP Ghost

Quote:
Originally posted by Rozza@Apr 27 2005, 03:42 PM
how come the cut off point is always 25 - 29 in these polls that ask age?
Because the last poll that was done specifically about age only found that around 3-4 people who post on these boards are over the age of 30 therefore I wanted better resolution of the prime age groups.

“Life is too short to spend it doing something you don't like... if your passion is selling surfboards by the sea, then that is where you should be.”
-My Dad

"Do we really want to travel in hermetically sealed popemobiles through the rural provinces of France, Mexico and the Far East, eating only in Hard Rock Cafes and McDonalds? Or do we want to eat without fear, tearing into the local stew, the humble taqueria's mystery meat, the sincerely offered gift of a lightly grilled fish head? I know what I want. I want it all. I want to try everything once."
-Anthony Bourdain

“If you can imagine a man having a vasectomy without anesthetic to the sound of frantic sitar-playing, you will have some idea what popular Turkish music is like.”
-Bill Bryson

"The older I get the less likely I feel I will ever figure my life out... I think that might be okay though"
-Me
Old 04-27-2005, 02:38 PM   #13
space virgin
Yoda

Quote:
Originally posted by agriadam@Apr 27 2005, 09:32 PM
Because the last poll that was done specifically about age only found that around 3-4 people who post on these boards are over the age of 30 therefore I wanted better resolution of the prime age groups.
That's not true at all, man. There are more of us than you think... B) But right now, yeah, the boards are full of graduates and end-of-school-year people planning their summer break trips, so there *seem* to be more of the under-22 crowd than anything else.
Old 04-27-2005, 02:44 PM   #14
Arthur
Members

Quote:
There are more of us than you think...
your profile says your 17, o and happy belated birthday.

Myspace Xanga Facebook
Old 04-27-2005, 02:51 PM   #15
space virgin
Yoda

^ haha, I forgot about that. Thanks. I changed it back to my "real" age now.
Old 04-27-2005, 03:53 PM   #16
bluepea
TPunk Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to bluepea

I smoke pot maybe once or twice a year. I've never been a huge pothead and as we grow older fewer of our friends do it, so it's never opportune. Any of the ones that still do it regularly just seem to be losers now so we don't associate with them much. I don't mind getting high with my girlfriends once in awhile, but that's about it. I have nothing against pot at all, but so many people that do it do it in excess kind of have "that way" about them.

The closest I came to other drugs possibly coke when I was in high school. I was temporarily acquainted with some drugged up loser who took me out to smoke a bowl and then proceeded to tell me he had a gun in his bag cuz he was gonna go rough up some guy that screwed him on a deal. This was the day after he'd informed me he'd gotten some girl high on coke laced weed and he wanted me to try it. Yes I was stupid enough to go off with this guy and smoke his stuff (hey no dirty thoughts! ) and never felt a f***ed up high like that before. It sucked. The guy ended up getting arrested for raping a girl shortly after this situation. After my frosh year I cut the connections with the druggies and losers and just stayed with my closest buddys.

I want to try e some day but I want it tested to make sure that's all it is. Yes, I'm paranoid. An old friend had a boyfriend that used to deal and they had some stuff and I can't remember what it was (wasn't a mainstream drug but was illegal) and I wanted to try it, so I took some to Ozfest with me one year, chickened out on doing it so I sold it.

Have some general questions such as whether or not to get a rail pass or how much money you'll need? Visit here!

First time travelers/travelers with a lot of questions - this forum is for you![b]
bluepea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 04:17 PM   #17
TERI
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via MSN to TERI

Hey everyone.

I am a pothead! True blue stoner. Within the last year, I have only gone 3 days without smokin a dube. But don't get me wrong, I never go to work high. Im not that dumb. Im one of those stoners, thats completly heatscore. I get the reddest eyes I don't drink much ( I did alot when i was a teenager), and I did shrooms about two months ago. I'm 25 now and I think ill be smoking weed forever. It helps me sleep. Can't wait to get to Amsterdam!

urple\'> "Wanna feel the warm breeze, sleep under a palm tree, feel the rush of the ocean."
"...Get aboard a fast train, travel on a damn plane."
" Take a Risk, Take a chance, Make a change!"--- Break away. Kelly Clarkson (lol)
TERI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 05:01 PM   #18
agriadam
TP Ghost

Yes SV I realize this but as of right now on thi poll, 19 people have submitted, and only 2 of those are older than 26. so it appears that their would not have been that much of a point to subdived the above 26'ers. it also apears tha I could have droped the below 15's(what was I thinking ) and added one more catagory in the old fogies We Love you SV that is why I made this for you

**Special** Space Virgin and Rozza Poll, How old are TPUNKs ver. 2.1

-My Dad

-Anthony Bourdain

-Bill Bryson

-Me
Old 04-27-2005, 07:53 PM   #19
Joker
You want fries with that?

I'm stoned right now. :D

And likely will be for class tomorrow at 8am :D

"Steve is the prototypical cool American male. Y'know, I'm talking about Steve McGarrett, alright? Steve Austin, Steve McQueen. Y'know, he's the guy on his horse, the guy alone. He has his own code of honor, his own code of ethics, his own rules of living, man. He never, ever tries to impress the women but he always gets the girl."

Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 08:24 PM   #20
Tadpole
TPunk Recognized

Send a message via AIM to Tadpole

Well Im glad my age poll came in handy.